Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dear Diary...

I've made it to the USofA! Finally, after much stress and pulling-of-the-hair-out, I am HERE!! Whoop-di-doo!

It doesn't come without its pain and suffering, however. Although, in saying that, there is always a lesson to be learned from the heart-ache, the pain and the suffering.

With a year's long separation from my Wife, there was bound to be some emotional and mental drawbacks between us, as well as within us. I can't speak too much for Melodie, but for myself, I know I haven't been 'me' for the past 12 months. And, after a 1/2 hour long conversation with my Mum, she totally agrees.

I knew something had to be done, and had to be done quick if I were to save 'it all'.

I began with fasting on Wednesday night 8th Sept, 2010. That took me right through until 9:30pm Thursday night. I waited so long because I had set up an appointment with the Bishop of our Ward for a blessing.
This was my first blessing I was ever to receive, and it was something of which I cannot explain.

Bishop Smith took the time to fill me in on how a blessing works, and that the words that are said are not entirely important- to some they are. However, it is the act of the blessing, or the power that is instilled within person being blessed based on his or fer level of faith so to speak.

To say that the blessing was a spiritual moment in my life is an understatement if I've ever heard one before! Bishop Smith placed his hands on my head and he paused, and he waited until the time was right. The moment before he began talking, an overwhelming sense of calm had taken over me. All the emotions and confusion which had ruled my life for so many months seemed to melt away in a heartbeat. There was no holding back as the tears began to stream from my eyes. All of the negativity that was being held onto was being rejected from my mind, body and soul in such a way that I kicked myself for not putting my faith into Heavenly Father and his abilities sooner.

Once the blessing was complete, Bishop sat by me on his desk and I was motionless. I was more confused than ever as to how this simple, yet powerful process could almost instantaneously change my whole perception of EVERYTHING- be it my personal life, my professional life and my married life.

I sat in the car in the carpark of the ward, just, still. As I left the gates to the ward, the tears began flowing again. And, I mean like, pouring. I was sobbing, I couldn't breathe and the tears were beginning to blind my vision which was a little dangerous on the road with an empty stomach!
What was different to these tears, as opposed to the tears I've cried many time over the past 12 months is that these were legitimate tears of pure joy. The feeling of starting fresh and new.

Today was a new day, and I knew the Lord's work was not yet complete. I woke with the spirit surrounding my bed posts. I decided to e-mail my testimony to my Wife and to pray. Today would be another day of fasting. 2 consecutive days. Our proof of what can come of fasting made me excited to sacrifice another 2 meals for an end goal that is so much more to me!

At the moment, my day continues and my spirits are amazing. I'm listening to the 180th General Conference with a smile as wide as the Sydney Harbour Bridge spread across my stupid looking face.
More importantly, I'm realising again who I am and why I am here.

I am Michael Thompson. I'm 23 years of age and I am honoured to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ. I am a happily married man to the most wonderful Wife that Heavenly Father could have linked me with and I am full of energy and full of faith to help me get through the obstacles ahead.

I never knew what inner-strength was. Now, I know the inner-me is stronger, and more mature than that of the old me!

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts!