Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Retract that last post...

Unless you’ve been through it, you cannot comprehend the heartache it causes when your Significant Other tells you that he / she does not love you as they should.
When hearing that they are giving up, you too begin to sense that feeling of giving up.

I have put Melodie in this position before, though my love ran so deep, even though I threatened to leave- it was never something I knew I could follow through with. The grass never looked greener on the otherside, regardless of the pain that I had experienced. Still, through times like these, the grass on the otherside still has a brown, dying look to it.

However, we all have choices. It is true that we all have the right of free agency, and so I am taking advantage of that right and am putting my whole into this relationship. Some may say that I am setting myself up for a broken heart, or similar. I disagree emphatically. A broken heart would consist of the Woman you love so dearly leaving you, just like that. No chance to reconcile, no chance to make any sense of it. Just, up and gone- that whole feeling of security and having that person by your side, shattered.

The only way to come out of a relationship such as this, is to sincerely open up, be utterly honest and open and to allow the other person to take the time to understand where the other is coming from.

It would be a blatant lie if I said I was never, and never will be afraid, or scared, of being a Husband and Father. There is a lot of responsibility that comes with that title, that privilege- and I am not about to shy away from that responsibility at the first sign of trouble within our relationship.
Much like there is a lot of responsibility with being a Husband, the same would apply to being a Wife (though, I can not speak from experience).
It is a frightening ordeal for to young people to go through, and it is even more frightening to go through it alone as we both have pretty much since 6 weeks after our marriage.



How should a Man love his Wife? How should a Woman love her Husband? Are there any set rules? There are those typical generalizations that a Woman should look after the household (cleanliness, children, meals, etc.) and that a Man should provide the income and the love for his family. Though, Melodie and I are not that ‘typical’ couple. Melodie is very independent and enjoys working in her field of Musical Theater. I too love working in my field of Health & Fitness very much.

I believe the only type of love that one should show, is what comes from their heart. Even if things seemed bleek and miserable on the outside, so long as what was going on on the inside was of pure love, then trials such as these can be overcome.

If Melodie agrees, then I will board that ship on the 22nd with no expectations. No expectations of being together forever, nor of failure. I will be honest, loving, supportive and caring as best as I know how. And, I hope that Melodie will do the same.

Then, and only then, can we say that we gave it our best shot. Until that moment comes when we are both certain it will not work, it is not over!

This, for now, is out of my Hands.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Please guide our hearts, our minds and our souls to lead us to each other so that we may work through this as a family- As Husband and Wife. Bless us with the strength, courage, honesty and love to attack this trial. To rebuild the damage of which the Devil has plagued us with. Thou strengths, powers and abilities are of no match for the Devil and his weak ways.

I say these things humbly in the Name of our Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog. You have a very strong & real testimony. It's very refreshing with all the negativity in the world. I pray you stay strong & stead fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you very much! That means a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your thoughts!