Tuesday, October 6, 2009

signed. SEALED. delivered... I'M YOURS!

First up, the vows given to Melodie on our wedding day still stand, forever and eternity.

I had a meet up with the Elders tonight. They had called me earlier for a lift as the clouds were not looking good at all, and the only transport they had were bikes. Unfortunately, the car was FULL of junk from moving. I don't think I could even fit Mel's dog in there. However, I told them to call a cab and I would pay for their fare to and from Church. I also told them that if I saw them rock up to Church on their pushbikes, then I would get in my car and drive home. As I got into the car 2 minutes later, it started started sprinkling. 100yards down the road and I could NOT see the car in front of my. The weather had hit hard!! I stopped at the petrol(gas) station and got some money out and continued to the Church. I parked, and waited out the front door of the Church. As soon as I stopped walking, the rain ceased. I looked to the Heavens and saw nothing but blue sky. I knew I was on the right track there and then!

I had another meet up with the Elders tonight at the Church. Brother Mu'foa was in attendance as well. I had a fair idea of what the topic was on, but like other times, I always get out so much more than I expect.

It was based on life before and after death. Through my own reading, I knew where we came from, why we were here and where we are going. Though, during the personal study, I only picked up on the basics of all. I'm thankful to the missionaries that I have at my disposal, as well as missionaries around the World who are giving up 2 years of their lives to serve in the name of Jesus Christ, and to teach people who may, or may not be, willing to learn.

I could go through the story about pre-life and post-life, but that is something that will stick with me for so long, I don't think I will ever forget the feeling I felt when I thought of eternal life with my beloved. They went on to explain more in depth things such as the fork in the road being your 'laying to rest' place for your body, and where your spirit will go to. The 3 stages after death (Stars, Moon, Sun) and the benefits of each.

I guess it was refreshing to NOT be scared into being a good person. It was refreshing to know that our Heavenly Father does not judge as to whether or not one goes to Heaven or Hell, much like a true Mother or Father will always find it in their heart to forgive and to teach. I kind of see that as a Christmas gimmick for kids- you be good, you get presents. You be bad, you get coal. As we mature and become wiser, we know what really happens at Christmas (Thanks mum! Thanks dad!). But, I can't rely on my immediate parents for help after life. That is my responsibility, and mine over. Melodie, family or friends cannot influence my day-to-day to make the right decisions to lead me to where I want to go. Yes, they definitely have an input and can help in a way, but I am responsible for my own actions. I determine what my outcome is.

I have seen a few videos of the current President speaking, and whenever I listen to him (even without looking at him), I can hear his sincerity and passion in each word. When Brother Mu'foa spoke to me, I got the same feeling. This Man had such a belief, such faith that when he spoke to me, my jaw dropped and I had no control over what I did.

He spoke to me about his own marriage. He was marriage was taken place in the Temple, and this is the same time they were 'sealed'.

I can't go on from here because it hit me so hard that I may need some time to process. To take in the happiness of whats to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts!